Just for Kids Law is a UK charity that works with and for children and young people to hold those with power to account and fight for wider reform by providing legal representation and advice, direct advocacy and support, and campaigning to ensure children and young people in the UK have their legal rights and entitlements respected and promoted, and their voices heard and valued.
For all children and young people in the UK to have their legal rights and entitlements respected and promoted, and their voices heard and valued.
We exist to work with and for children and young people to hold those with power to account and fight for wider reform.
We do this by providing legal representation and advice, direct advocacy and support, and through strategic litigation, campaigning and equipping others to work for children’s rights.
We act with integrity, compassion, respect and courage. We put these values into practice in our relationships with the children and young people we work with, our colleagues and our partner organisations. This means:
- Integrity: we strive to make Just for Kids Law’s vision a reality and we hold ourselves to the highest possible standards
- Compassion: we understand the difficulties that people face and always act with empathy
- Respect: we treat everyone with the same care, professionalism and understanding regardless of their story, experiences or background
- Courage: we stand up for what is right, even in the face of opposition or adversity
Our charity objectives:
To promote any charitable purposes for the benefit of the public, particularly children and young people in the UK and abroad, with particular regard to the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, including by advancing the rights and needs of children through:
- Research, education, training, awareness-raising, and increasing understanding and knowledge
- Monitoring, advocating and promoting children’s human rights, including compliance at the national and international level
- The provision of specialist legal , advice, support and representation including taking legal action to prevent disadvantage, discrimination or exclusion
- The provision of advice, support and direct advocacy to children and young people, and promoting participation
- All other such lawful things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of these aims.
We rely on donations to support as many children and young people as possible. Donate now!