Actions and decisions:
- As of Tuesday 17th March, the Just for Kids Law office closed until further notice.
- While our office is currently closed, we are still working and taking new clients - working with them remotely other than in cases of emergency.
- All members of staff are currently working from home. Measures are in place to enable every member of staff to do this as effectively as possible, and to support team morale and wellbeing.
- Clear lines of communication are in place for anyone who wants to contact a member of staff. We are striving to maintain a service for children and young people via telephone, email, social media and video calling apps.
- We are working to further streamline practice with communications by seeking out new and innovative ways to keep in touch with the children and young people we work with, ensuring that they are involved in the process of planning how we can best communicate with them during this crisis.
- All service delivery and training that takes place in group settings has been cancelled or rescheduled for a later date. All external and internal meetings are being carried out via video call.
- Our organisation's infrastructure, including safeguarding functions, can still operate under working from home arrangements.
- We are working to monitor issues arising from the Covid-19 pandemic that affect the children and young people we work with, and are raising them with the Government and the relevant authorities. See our news section for more details.
- We can assure our funders that we will continue to use their resources responsibly, ensuring that all decision-making can be clearly evidenced.
- All decisions made by Just for Kids Law’s senior management team have been and will continue to be based on the evidence we have available to us and in line with Government, NHS and World Health Organisation guidance.
Our decision-making in response to the Covid-19 pandemic is rooted in Just for Kids Law’s core values. We act with integrity, compassion, respect and courage. We put these values into practice in our relationships with the children and young people we work with, our colleagues and our partner organisations. This means:
- Integrity: we strive to make Just for Kids Law’s vision a reality and we hold ourselves to the highest possible standards.
- Compassion: we understand the difficulties that people face and always act with empathy.
- Respect: we treat everyone with the same care, professionalism and understanding regardless of their story, experiences or background.
- Courage: we stand up for what is right, even in the face of opposition or adversity.
If you require more information about our response, please contact us on 0203 174 2279 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.