Are you a young person looking for help? Click here.
Our immigration caseworker supports young people on a range of complex issues relating to their legal status. Despite the Windrush scandal and the media focus on the government’s ‘Hostile Environment’ immigration policy, the situation facing the young people without permanent residency status we work with remains as hostile as ever. Arcane and often punitive rules combined with high fees for Home Office applications mean they face serious hardship.
We can assist children and young people with issues including:
- Applying for citizenship: we assist children and young people with every stage of their citizenship application, ensuring they have the best possible chance of success.
- Applying for status: we help children and young people complete and submit all the neccesary paperwork properly, whether they are applying for leave to remain for the first time, or renewing their status.
- Communicating with the Home Office: we push the Home Office to make decisions and ensure that the young people we work with are kept up-to-date with the progress of their cases.
- Appealing decisions: when there are grounds for an appeal, we support children and young people to lodge the appeal and represent them at every stage of the process.
- Representation in hearings: where necessary, we represent children and young people in tribunal hearings, ensuring their voices are heard, their rights respected, and the best possible outcome secured.
As well as fighting to get the most secure status possible for young people, we have been successful in securing fee waivers, time extensions and other conditions that allow them to remain and contribute to British society.